Hi Friends I am back with another recipe. I guess many of us don’t want to draw close to this vegetable. But there is nothing wrong in giving a try. As they say “Life at best is bittersweet.” In the same way this recipe is a little bitter yet pleasing to the senses.
By the way Bitter gourd has found to have great medicinal value especially for diabetes and it’s an effective blood purifier.
Bitter Gourd -3 Medium Sized
Tomato -1 Big Finely Chopped
Onion – 1 Big Finely Chopped
Garlic Cloves - Two Finely Chopped
Cumin- ½ tea spoon
Coriander Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Sugar – 2 Tea Spoon ( Optional)
Turmeric – A pinch
Oil – 2 Tablespoon
Salt – According to taste
1. Slit the Karelas lengthwise and remove the seeds out of it.
2. Rub the skin and the inside of the Karela with salt. Set aside for an hour. Later drain out the salted water by squeezing it.
1. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds when the oil gets hot and allow the cumin seeds to flutter.
2. Add finely chopped garlic and onion.
3. Add tomatoes when the Onion gets soft.
4. Add Turmeric, Coriander, Sugar and redchilly powder to the masala.
5. Add salt and keep it aside.
6. Fill the stuffing inside karela.
7. Heat the pan and put some oil and put the stuffed karelas on the pan.
8. Roast them for some time and add water to it.
9. Close the lid and allow them cook for some time till the water gets dried. Cook karela on both the sides.10. Stuffed Karela is ready to eat