Pineapple Menskai/ Pineapple Curry
Today while having Pineapple Juice suddenly I remembered one of my favoriate dish of my native place Mangalore made out of Pineapple.
Pineapple Meskai is one of the renowned fruity dish of coastal Karnataka especially in South Kanara region. Coconut and curry leaves are common ingredients to most Mangalorean Curry. This dish can be made out of Mango also. So enjoy this fruity ,spicy and juiciness of Pineapple in a different way.
Pineapple -1 Cup Pineapple diced
Fresh Cocunut- ½ Cup
Jaggery/ Brown Sugar- ½ Cup
Fenugreek Seeds- ¼ tea Spoon
Coriander Seeds – 1 Tea Spoon
Red Chillies – 3 to 4
Green Chillies – One slit
Mustard – ½ Tea Spoon
Curry Leaves – 3 to 4
Oil- 2 Table Spoon
1. Sauthe Fengreek seeds , Sesame seeds,Coriander Seeds, Red Chillies and grind them along with Coconut to make a fine paste.
2. In a pan heat some oil add Mustard seeds. When it starts flutter add Curry Leaves, Green Chillies and Hing.
3. Add the Diced Pineapples and Jaggery and heat it for some time with little water
4. Once it is little cooked add the Coconut Paste to it.
5. Add Salt depending upon taste.
6. Allow to heat it for some time .
7. Ready to eat .