Pages

tasteofmykitchen.blogspot.com

Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 22, 2010

Palak Paneer


    Whenever I plan to cook something special in vegetarian dish, the first dish which strikes to my mind is Palak Paneer. This dish always reminds me of my days before marriage when we used to go out for food. After having a look at the menu we would always end up ordering Palak Paneer. So friends I am presenting my version of Palak Paneer, which not only looks lovely but tastes wonderful. I hope readers will try this dish and give me their feedback.

    Ingredients :

    Spinach 1 bunch

    Paneer/Cottage cheese cubes 15-20

    Onion big, chopped 1 no

    (Cut them into two parts)

    Garlic cloves, chopped 4 no

    Coriander Powder 1 tsp

    Cumin Powder 1 tsp

    Garam Masala (Optional) 1 tsp

    Capsicum, chopped 2 tbsp

    Butter/Oil 2 tbsp

    Ginger small 1 inch

    Green chilies 3 no.s or to taste

    Tomato small 2 no.s

    Salt to taste

    Garnishing :

    Capsicum chopped 1 tsp

    Grated Paneer 1 cube

    Cream (Optional) 1 tsp or to taste

    Method :

    1. Boil the spinach in a boiling water for 2 minutes.
    2. Drain with cold water.
    3. Heat the oil/butter in a pan and fry the onions and garlic until the raw smell fades away.
    4. Blend the blanched spinach , onion, garlic, ginger, and tomatoes to a smooth puree.
    5. Cut the paneer into small pieces and fry in oil until golden brown
    6. Remove and drain on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
    7. In the same pan fry the second half of onions till they turn translucent.
    8. Add the garlic, ginger, and turmeric powder and fry again for a little time.
    9. Add one tsp of finely chopped capsicum. Capsicum adds special flavor to the gravy.
    10. Add coriander power, Cumin powder .
    11. Add the spinach puree and bring it to a boil then add a pinch of Garam Masala.
    12. Water can be added by checking the consistency of the gravy.
    13. Now add the fried paneer into the gravy and cook not more than one or two minutes.

    For Serving :

    1. Once the gravy is ready heat the pan add little butter.
    2. Add ½ tsp of jeera and allow it to tamper.
    3. Add small pieces of Capsicum and small amount of mashed paneer ( one cube approx)
    4. After few minutes of sautéing put the ingredients on the gravy.
    5. Palak paneer is ready to eat. Can be served with chapati and rice

    Note:

    • Tofu can be replaced with Paneer.
    • In order to retain the green color of the gravy do not over boil the Spinach ( Just two to three minutes maximum) That’s the reason I am putting parboiled Palak in cold water.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Shreya..welome to the blogging world. Hey I'm so excited to be your 1st follower and I guess ,this is the 1st comment to ur 1st post. Awesome. I just saw you on my space and this gave me an oppportunity to be here. Love Palak Paneer. LOve the color. Keep Going..and I'll be following you. Happy Republic day. Also loved the name..from the stomach to the heart..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you dolly. when i saw your recipes i was very much impressed.i will try your mouthwatering recipes for sure. do try my palak panner and let me know if it needs any improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Roopika

    welcome to bloggywood !!i saw your blog in to dollys blogroll and i step here..colourful palak paneer..my alltime favorites..

    cheers and you can visit me

    Joy Of Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi jagruti.thanks for the lovely kala jamun recipe. It looks so yummy. i am gonna try out them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! looks so wonderful..my favou dish..love to follow you Dear..do drop in my blog too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Palak curry looks silky smooth and rich, love it.

    Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe:)

    ReplyDelete